Saturday, May 5, 2012

Voice Thread


VoiceThread is a neat web 2.0 tool that allows you to post images, videos and have people around the world comment on them like an online discussion.
It is a great tool to use in the classroom, I know a language arts teacher that had her Spanish Students describe a picture, they then sent the link to a school in Costa Rica and the students there got to critique the American Spanish Students pronunciation.
Right now I am trying to come up with some cool projects we could do in the elementary school. I was thinking that Flat Stanley would be a great one, first picture is of Flat Stanley in his home classroom with all the students wishing him a safe journey. When they mail Flat Stanley to the world they will also send the Voice Thread link and the people that receives Flat Stanley will take a picture of him, add a comment that the students can listen to, they can then post some additional questions to the recipient of Flat Stanley, Hmm some thoughts.
Anyway here is my first attempt on the fly. I was thinking that elementary kids could post pictures of their pets or favorite animal and then talk about why they like it. They can then go on and comment on other peoples pictures. Please help me out, click on my Voice Thread, leave me a comment or even better upload your own animal photo and comment!
Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment